Saturday, July 26, 2014

Pictures Maybe

So I think I might have figured out the posting  pictures problem.  This is my test post for that.  I'd really appreciate comments on if they show up so I know whether or not I can do this in the future.  


Taken on the excruciatingly long plane ride.  Look how far we've come and we still have about two hours on this flight.  


The others crashed in the Beijing Airport after our flight was delayed but I just couldn't sleep, despite being up for nearly 27 hours at that point. It's okay I slept on the plane ride to Xi'an


My first traditional Chinese meal and my Wai Gong.  Those white bread like things are Bao zi.



Chinese Village


Candy and her grandparent's fields


Funny English sign on all the escalators at this huge mall where we bought the ingredients for spaghetti.


Makea playing the er hu.  A traditional Chinese Musical Instrument. 



Me at the City Wall on the trip of our own after I was sick on the 4th of July.



Birthday Party NSLI-Y style.  And of course no birthday party is complete without hula hooping.


Wei Lao Shi attempting to Hula Hoop.

And now the KTV pictures: 

And then we Americanize the KTV with Dancing


Hopefully all these photos work and I'll be able to update with photos now 

3 comments:

  1. The pictures are great. Glad that you can now post pictures. Love ya, Grandma Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura,
    The pictures are great!!!! I love them! I feel like I know exactly what you were talking about in all your posts!!! Granny said you'll be back in MN on Aug 11th!!! Can't wait until you are home!!! Love you

    Auntie Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you get the recipe for Bao zi?? granny and I would like to try to make them!!!!

    ReplyDelete