Thursday, July 31, 2014

On the Runway

I realized I never (attempted we're just going to add attempted when photos are concerned now) posted photos from our fashion show Wednesday. Traditional Chinese costumes are definitely impressive. 


First the group photo.  

Then our lovely emperor and empress, Jonathan and Jade.


They're the perfect example of NSLI-Y kids, boring and stuck-up.  


Just kidding! Actually everyone on this trip is incredibly vibrant and the variety of backgrounds makes for interesting conversations. 

Egg also tried on the emperor costume.  His height and bright blue shoes made it kind of amusing.  


Be a man! Olivia and Alex showing off some soldier garb.


The costumes were excruciatingly hot so some of us just settled for the wigs.  In the photo left to right Summer, Colleen and Me



I mean I did dress up.  It was just a long afternoon.  


That's Katie in the photo with me.  

For some of us (*cough*Makea*cough*) the afternoon was so unbearably long, that we started doing Gollum impressions.  



I have some 200 photos of Fashion Show stuff so this is just the tip of the iceberg.  Also side note with the photos, in China people take a lot of oddly posed pictures.  I mean there is a peace sign in almost every picture.  We're copying the locals so there are peace signs and hand hearts and just in general a whole lot more goofy pictures.  We are also taking so many more selfies, although most of those are instigated by our teachers. 


Summer and Deng Lao Shi (the hipster teacher)

Tong Lao Shi (my teacher) is in the blue

Hopefully these work.  I'm collecting the ones from my previous post to post again.  If these don't go through I might have to do a test post to find the proper method.  

No comments:

Post a Comment