Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Meeting New People.

So I actually wrote up a longer article about the first day of orientation but I only have internet on my phone. So I figured I would just write something from here. Also side note, I don't really have a working charger for my phone. I borrowed my roommate's to charge now. Luckily in a few days it won't really matter , but it's still an inconvenience. 

Honestly, this is a bit more intense than I thought. Some of the kids are very, very, very good at Chinese already, basically fluent. Based on the show of hands, I'd say about 3/4 of them have already been to China. I knew I am going to learn  a lot. I just didn't think I would have to be as proficient and knowledgable on all things Chinese the first day. 

My roommate and I were up early. 5:45 Eastern time. So 4:45 Laura time.  Oddly I'm not even really sure why. Our alarms were set for much later but we just woke up instinctively. 

I'm currently people watching from the "living room" of our hotel room.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment